W. Jones, E. Talog Davies and Aneurin O. Evans, Solicitors, Ruthin, Papers
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Denbighshire Archive Service
- Accession Number: 1259
- Accession Number: 1480
- Accession Number: 1703
- Document Reference: DD/TD
- Date: 1662-1956
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 0.418 cubic metres (22 boxes)
- Format: Manuscript
- Description: W. Jones, E. Talog Davies and Aneurin O. Evans, solicitors, were based in Ruthin, Denbighshire in the 1980s. The firm collected a number of estate papers, mainly relating to land in Denbighshire and Flintshire, including those of the Bathafarn Estate, Llanbedr, Denbighshire, the Colomendy Estate, in the parishes of Mold, Flintshire and Llanferres, Denbighshire, the Lyganywern estate in Halkyn, Flintshire, the Greenfield Estate, in the parishes of Llanrhydd and Llanbedr, Denbighshire, and the Plas yn Rhâl estate in Llanbedr, Denbighshire.
Scope and content: Papers collected by W. Jones, E. Talog Davies and Aneurin O. Evans, solicitors, 1662-1956, including deeds and estate papers of the Bathafarn Estate, 1799-1894; Colomendy and Lyganywern Estates, 1845-1931; Greenfield Estate, 1803-1915; Plas yn Rhâl Estate, 1815-1860; accounts and correspondence of J. K. Williamson's estate, Derwen Hall, Denbighshire, 1907-1929; client records, 1662-1947, consisting mainly of deeds and documents, relating to Denbighshire, 1720-1959; Flintshire, 1766-1894; Merionethshire, 1851-1939; other counties, 1662-1947; miscellaneous, 1825-[c. 1930]; and probates, letters of administration and related papers, 1797-1956.
- System of Arrangement: Arranged into: Bathafarn estate, Colomendy estate, Greenfield estate, Plas yn Rhâl estate, J. K. Williamson's estate, miscellaneous clients; probates, letters of administration, and related papers; and miscellaneous Denbighshire deeds and papers, Flintshire papers and probates, and probates of other counties.
- Access Conditions: This collection is open for research. It is advisable to book in advance, for details and opening hours see http://www.newa.wales/visit-us. Access to some documents may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation, North East Wales Archives (Ruthin) will advise where this is the case.
- Contact: Contact Us
This document forms part of a catalogueHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection.Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- an item which is too fragile
- an item containing sensitive personal information about living people
- an item which can be consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents you need to be signed in. Please register with us even if you have no intention of visiting us at one of our branches.