Flintshire Quarter Sessions Records
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Flintshire Record Office
- Date: 1720-1971
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 1337 items
- Creator Name: Flintshire Court of Quarter Sessions
- Description: PUBLIC RECORDS.
Records of the Flintshire Quarter Sessions, 1720-1971, consisting of minute books, 1720-1957; draft minute books, 1818-1912; session rolls, 1747-1941; administration records, 1810-1903; finance records, 1797-1916; enclosure awards, 1777-1870; commissioner's minutes, 1793-1823; plans, 1792-, including plans of roads, [18th century]-1862; canals, 1792-1796; railways, 1824-1935; gas and water, 1839-; improvement, 1851-1891; piers and docks, 1862-1911; mines, 1874-1913; bridges, 1893-1923; electricity, 1903-1935; plans of the River Dee, 1839-1895; orders, 1871-1923; and records of the Clerk of the Peace, 1729-1860.
- Terms:Railways--Wales--Designs and plans; Court records--Wales--Flintshire; Public utilities--Wales--Flintshire--Designs and plans; Roads--Wales--Flintshire--Designs and plans;
- Appraisal Information: All records deposited at Flintshire Record Office have been retained.
- Copyright: Public records. May be copied without any need for a copyright form.
- Accruals: Accruals are not expected
- Language: English
- System of Arrangement: Arranged into the following: Courts in Session; administration; finance; enrolment, registration and deposit; and Clerk of the Peace.
- Related Material: Related papers are Flintshire Record Office, PS, Petty Sessions records.
- Access Conditions: Data Protection Act restrictions will apply to any items less than 100 years old that contain personal information as defined by the Act.
- Finding Aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available in Flintshire Record Office and the National Library of Wales.
- Publication Notes: The work and records of the court of Quarter Sessions is described in Benyan-Evans, M., Handlist of the County Records (1955).
- Additional Notes: Title supplied from contents of fonds
- Rules: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
- Contact: Contact Us
This document forms part of a catalogueHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection.Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- an item which is too fragile
- an item containing sensitive personal information about living people
- an item which can be consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents you need to be signed in. Please register with us even if you have no intention of visiting us at one of our branches.