For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Flintshire Record Office
- Date: 1431-1981
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 2388 items
- Creator Name: Leeswood estate
- Acquisition: Deposited by C. Wynne-Eyton, Tower, Mold, Clwyd, including documents previously on deposit at the National Library of Wales.
- Description: Leeswood estate papers including deeds, 1431-1896, relating to lands mainly in Denbighshire, 1520-1826, Flintshire, 1571-1896, including coal and lead mines, 1726-1884, Cheshire, 1607-1715, and Shropshire, 1760-1827; rentals, 1672, 1721-1847, surveys and particulars, [17 cent.]-[c. 1878], accounts and vouchers, 1657-1967, mineral papers, 1638-[late 19 cent.], maps and plans, [early 18 cent.]-1977, papers relating to tithes, 1736-1814, and land tax, 1724-1866, and general correspondence, 1625-1964; and family papers, [16 cent.]-1981, including settlements, 1638-1869, wills and testamentary papers, 1675-1884, accounts, 1659-1928, diaries and notebooks, [c. 1800]-1927, correspondence, 1651-1981, mainly letters to Rev. Hope Wynne Eyton, 1793-1824, legal and financial papers, [17 cent.]-1938, and accounts and vouchers, 1699-1849. The archive also includes papers relating to the Nerquis Hall estate, 1470-1899, mainly deeds relating to lands in Flintshire, 1692-1899, and Cheshire, 1742-1855.
- Terms:Estate administration--Wales--Denbighshire; Estate administration--Wales--Flintshire; Eyton family,--of Leeswood--Archives; Nerquis Hall Estate (Wales)--Archives;
- Appraisal Information: All records deposited at Flintshire Record Office have been retained.
- Copyright: Usual copyright regulations apply
- Accruals: Accruals are not expected
- Language: English
- System of Arrangement: Arranged chronologically into the following: deeds; estate records; Mold parish papers; family papers; legal and financial papers; local affairs; miscellaneous; and Nerquis Hall estate - deeds; family records; estate records; and miscellaneous.
- Related Material: Further papers relating to the Leeswood estate are Flintshire Record Office, D/NH (Nerquis Hall MSS).
- Access Conditions: Data Protection Act restrictions will apply to any items less than 100 years old that contain personal information as defined by the Act.
- Finding Aids: Hard copies of the catalogue are available at Flintshire Record Office, National Library of Wales and the National Register of Archives.
- Additional Notes: Title supplied from contents of fonds.
- Rules: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2 and LCSH.
- Contact: Flintshire Archive,
This document forms part of a catalogueHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection.Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- an item which is too fragile
- an item containing sensitive personal information about living people
- an item which can be consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents you need to be signed in. Please register with us even if you have no intention of visiting us at one of our branches.