Llay Main And Leeswood Collieries, Miscellaneous Records
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Flintshire Record Office
- Accession Number: 926
- Document Reference: D/DM/316
- Date: 1923-1957
- Level: SubCollection
- Extent: 1 item
- Description: This collection contains miscellaneous records relating to Llay Main Colliery and Leeswood Colliery. They were deposited on indefinite loan at Flintshire Record Office in March 1972.
- Appraisal Information: The following items deposited at the same time were transferred as follows: The North Wales Coalfield, The Main Seam. Department of Scientific and Industrial Research. 1938 - transferred to F.R.O. Library. Curly cannel from the North Leeswood Colliery, Coed Talon - transferred to Flintshire County Museum.
- Copyright: Usual Copyright restrictions apply.
- Accruals: Accruals are not expected.
- Language: English
- Finding Aids: Hard copies of the catalogue are available at Flintshire Record Office and the National Register of Archives.
- Contact: Contact Us
This document forms part of a catalogueHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection.Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- an item which is too fragile
- an item containing sensitive personal information about living people
- an item which can be consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents you need to be signed in. Please register with us even if you have no intention of visiting us at one of our branches.