Brymbo Steelworks Records
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Flintshire Record Office
- Accession Number: 2827
- Accession Number: 2828
- Accession Number: 2829
- Accession Number: 2830
- Accession Number: 2831
- Accession Number: 2832
- Date: 1812-1992
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 420 items
- Creator Name: Brymbo Mineral and Railway Co.
- Creator Name: Brymbo Steel Co. Ltd.
- Creator Name: Brymbo Steel (Successors) Co. Ltd.
- Creator Name: Guest, Keen and Nettlefolds (GKN)
- Creator Name: BSC (Holding) Ltd.
- Description: Records of Brymbo Steelworks, 1842-1992, including minutes of Brymbo Mineral and Railway Co., 1842-1855, Brymbo Steel Co. Ltd, 1884-1969, GKN, 1961-1968, and BSC (Holdings) Ltd, 1968-1969; cost accounts, 1907-1931; photographs, [1960s]-1990; photocopies and printouts from microfilm of drawings of the works and significant buildings, [c. 1900]-1990; Wages Office files, 1940-1972; reports of directors, 1898-1939; various papers relating to Brymbo, and to Smith's Stamping Works (Coventry), 1884-1991; miscellaneous administrative and financial records, 1919-1992; Brymbo Works Magazine, 1920-1927; printed material, 1959-1986; and brochures and sale particulars, [c.1990].
- Terms:Steel-works--Wales--Brymbo; Corporate minutes--Wales--Denbighshire; Steel-works--Wales--Brymbo--Photographs; Brymbo Steel Company--Archives; Brymbo Steelworks--Maps; House magazines--Wales--Denbighshire;
- Appraisal Information: All records have been retained
- Copyright: Usual Copyright Restrictions Apply
- Accruals: Accruals are not expected
- Language: English
- System of Arrangement: Arranged into the following: minutes, deeds, financial records, wages offices files, drawings and plans, Brymbo Works Magazine, publications, photographs (6th accession), major capital projects, press cuttings, employee handbooks, smith's stamping works (Coventry) Ltd. records, company 'archives', miscellaneous company records.
- Related Material: Further records of Brymbo Steel Co. Ltd are in Flintshire Record Office, D/BC 2111-14, 2330-2364; Denbighshire Record Office, DD/LH 303-348; National Library of Wales, Henry Robertson 14/1-445.
- Access Conditions: Data Protection Act restrictions will apply to any items less than 100 years old that contain personal information as defined by the Act.
- Finding Aids: A hard copy of this catalogue is available at Flintshire Record Office.
- Additional Notes: Title supplied from contents of fonds
- Rules: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
- Contact: Contact Us
This document forms part of a catalogueHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will be catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The collection will be arranged into sub-sections, such as series, files, items, and these will all be clearly related. Archival collections often have folder type structure if they are catalogued to this level of detail. The researcher can then see the context of an individual item, such as a letter - they can see that it forms part of a series, and the series is within a larger collection.Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- an item which is too fragile
- an item containing sensitive personal information about living people
- an item which can be consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents you need to be signed in. Please register with us even if you have no intention of visiting us at one of our branches.